Insalata di Riso (Rice salad) is a perfect italian summer cold dish that can be used in different occasions such as BBQ, picnic, lunch in the garden or at home.
The ingredients can be adjusted according to own taste and preferences.
Ingredients for 3 people:
- 240 gr. of rice
- mixed vegetables in vinegar or in oil or for rice salad
- artichokes in oil or grilled
- pickled onions
- 80 gr. of tuna in oil
- soft cheese in small pieces (Asiago, Emmenthal, mozzarella or similar)
- a little rocket according to taste
- some cherry tomatoes
- chopped basil
- extra virgin olive oil
- Pitted green or black olives
- Vienna sausages and diced ham
- cook the rice in abundant salted water.
- In a bowl, place the vegetables for the rice salad, the spring onions, the chopped artichokes, the olives and the tuna.
- Add the chopped cheese, the chopped basil, ham and chopped sausages.
- Mix well and season with a drizzle of oil; in the meantime, drain the rice, pass it under cold water and let it drain.
- Mix the cold and dry rice with the sauce and add the chopped rocket; add salt if necessary.
- Before serving, add the chopped tomatoes.
To be Served cold.